We were pleasantly surprised and honored to be nominated for the Liebster Award by ReDiscover at 40. Be sure to check out her blog.
As part of the nomination process, we have to answer questions. Then we have to nominate other blogs, and ask them questions as well.
ReDiscover at 40’s questions for me were:
1. What made you decide to create a blog? There were several reasons. We both have had our own blogs in the past, but we wanted to do something together. Since we both have a tendency to write for days and then not write for months, we also thought it would be a good way to keep each other writing. Additionally, it gives us a chance to share our faith with others in ways we might not otherwise. If somewhere down the road, it generates some income, that’s an added blessing.
2. If you could have a do-over with you life, what would it be and why? That’s hard. You see, there are a lot of things I regret, but if I hadn’t done them the way I did, I probably wouldn’t be where I am, and probably wouldn’t have my children, and I wouldn’t trade them for anything!
3. Who is your favorite hero? Jesus Christ! He sacrificed Himself for me!
4. What’s your long-term goal for your blog? I guess it’s probably the same is most bloggers. Engage people, have them follow the blog, and again, Lord willing, have it produce some extra income.
5. What is the vacation place that you are eager to go to? I would like to see Ireland some day maybe. But right now, the place I would be most eager to go, would be to Georgia, to see my dad. We haven’t been able to get down there in quite a while.
6. Who is your favorite author? There are too many to choose one! When I was a kid, I read a lot of Stephen King, and I still like suspense, like Kathy Reichs and Dean Koontz. For Christian writers, CS Lewis, Kyle Idleman, Beth More and Christine Caine. Ed would probably say Larry McMurtry and Mark Twain. He likes Dean Koontz too. He also likes CS Lewis and Kyle Idleman
7. What is the book that you can relate to and mostly speaks to you? Other than the Bible (which speaks to me daily) I would probably say “Not A Fan” by Kyle Idleman.
8. Is Jesus Christ the Savior of your life? Yes!
9. What is your favorite hobby? Making stuff out of junk!
10. What’s your goal in life? To be with Jesus in heaven, and to take a bunch of you with me!
11. What interests you the most? Just about everything…except maybe professional sports, and going on a cruise. Neither of those things interest me in the least.
My nominations for the Leibster award are:
Here are my questions:
1. Is this your first blog?
2. Why do you blog?
3. Do you know Jesus as your Lord and Savior?
4. What is your passion?
5. Do you have a favorite author?
6. What kind of music do you like?
7. If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
8. Where do you find the most inspiration?
9. What is your favorite food?
10. What person, living or dead, would you most like to meet?
11. What are your long term goals?
Be sure to check out all the nominees! I think you’ll find some new blogs to follow!